I was reading through a comment Jana left me the other day. She thoughtfully mentioned the bird’s nest at my front door, went on to say that she had a lot of projects in the works and hoped to join my link party next week…then my eyes grew wide with surprise when Jana said the real reason she was writing was tell me that she had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I had to read the line a few times just to let it soak in.
A gesture like this makes me feel like Jana was thinking about me. And anytime I realize someone was thinking about ME, of all the people in their life, it was ME who was on on their heart….that overwhelms me every time. As she mentioned, there are sooooo many blogs to choose from. It is such an honor to be in the 15 that Jana nominated. And so, without further ado, I owe a BIG thank you to Jana at Transformations From the Heart for surprising me with the Versatile Blogger Award. It means more to me than you may know, Jana!
Now, I’m supposed to share 7 things about myself. I could just copy and paste most of Jana’s list since we have so much in common. But, I’ll try to share things that I think you might not know about me.
1. I’m an oldest child and a very typical one at that. I feel responsible for the world sometimes, which makes me want to fix every little problem. Being the oldest also means I’m very good at being bossy. I like to think of it as a leadership skill. 😉
2. My idea of a good time is being surrounded by close friends, eating, drinking and being merry.
3. I have been married for 14 years. My husband is 5 years younger than me. So, when I was in my mid twenties wondering if I was ever going to get married, it turns out that I just had to wait for prince charming to grow up.
4. If I were retiring today, I would move to a coastal community and live in a white house, with black shutters, a wrap around porch and dormer windows.
5. I like to indulge in dark chocolate with a glass of red wine. I also really enjoy ice cream, as in, almost every night…chocolate chip or just plain ole vanilla.
6. I am a night owl and have been for as long as I have not had a bedtime. I remember staying up til 2 in the morning watching Quincy, ME while my parents and siblings were sleeping. Now a days, I might not go to bed until 5 a.m….looks like this is going to be one of those nights, or mornings rather.
7. Oh, this is the last one. I better make it good. Hmmmm, I’ll tell you something that I like about myself: I’m a sucker for the underdog. I will root for the little guy every time. I can’t stand seeing somebody down. I’ll come alongside them and be there biggest cheerleader if that’s what they need. I take after my Dad that way. We’re both sentimental and compassionate.
Christy, Terry and Amy @ 11 magnolia lane
Jen @ at home in the northwest
Shannon @ fox hollow cottage
Karianne @ thistlewood farm
Becca @ adventures in decorating
Emily @ 52 mantels
Kelly @ eclectically vintage
Kim @ plumberry pie
Jenn, Paula, Lisa and Gena @ the real housewives of riverton
Holly @ bella nest
Rebecca @ you are talking too much
Ashley @ its rustic living
Fran @ eleven o one
Jenny @ evolution of style
Jennifer @ jennifer rizzo
I absolutely love these ladies and their blogs. Their talent blows me away, and I’m continually inspired by each of them. If you don’t know them yet, I highly recommend that you visit their blogs as soon as you can.