It’s been awhile since I first participated in the High Five for Friday link party at “From My Grey Desk”. I really enjoyed it the first time around, so I thought I’d have some fun with it again today.
1. For the last several months, I’ve been in a season of rest. It was a much needed rest after being completely depleted by years of hardship. I didn’t appreciate the season so much while I was in it, but now that my life is shifting gears a bit, I can look back with gratitude.
2. In this day and age of living in the fast lane, it seems that long term friendships have become a rarity. So, I’m deeply grateful for the friendships in our lives that have grown deep roots. They’re our mainstay.
3. Any time we go through a transition, it can lead to a loss of the every day relationships which form our sense of community. For the past few years, we’ve been rebuilding, and I’m happy to say that I can see a community forming in my life again.
4. Texas has experienced some harsh summers and winters in the last few years. Last summer we were under a heat wave and a drought. So, the rainy July we’ve been experiencing is a very welcome respite from the oppressive heat. And my empathy goes out to those who are having to endure the extremely high temperatures right now.
5. Even as recently as two months ago, I would have been very resistant to climb through a window of opportunity. But lately, I’ve been presented with some opportunities that I’m very excited about. I’m on a new adventure, and I like it.
Have a happy Friday and wonderful weekend!
Until next time,
Latest posts by Mrs. Hines (see all)
- french coastal decor: a table makeover - August 29, 2014
- my homemade macaroni and cheese - August 27, 2014
- the best dishwasher detergent for clean, but dirty dishes - August 25, 2014