~ Follow this simple formula for hanging pictures at the correct height.
* turn your frame over and measure the height of the picture from the back.
* divide this number by 2
* Still measuring from the back of the frame, find the distance between the top of the picture and the picture hanging hardware. If you have a hanging wire, pull it taught. You want the measurement based on how the wire will be when it is hung on the wall.
* Subtract that number from the number you got when you divided the frame height by 2. ex. frame height is 24″ and 24″ divided by 2 is 12. In this example, the distance from the top of the frame to the hardware is 6.5 inches. 12 – 6.5 = 5.5. Add 60 to 5.5. You would put your nail at 65.5 in this example.
* Measure up from the floor on your wall and mark that spot.
Install your hanging hardware. Note that I placed the bottom of the hook on the pencil mark because that is where the wire will hang from.
Now your’e ready to hang your picture. (That’s my daughter: the artist of this picture.)
I found this formula online a few years ago, but I don’t remember the source. I’ve had a lot of success with this formula. I don’t use this rule when hanging something above a table or chair. In that case, I wing it.
Until next time,
by Sharon Hines
I’m linking to:
Tutorials and Tips @ Home Stories A to Z
Latest posts by Mrs. Hines (see all)
- best of DIY link party: diy curtain rod and no sew valance - September 19, 2014
- personalized gift ideas - September 16, 2014
- recommended reading - September 13, 2014