When my family gathers around the table for dinner, the conversation inevitably leads to opening up a family restaurant.
We’d call it The Kuritz Cafe and the menu would feature each of our “signature” dishes:
Bubba’s brisket, Kathy’s Cajun dumplings, Tina’s cherry pie, and my sister-in-law’s borracho bean soup.
- 1 lb pinto beans
- 1/2 lb bacon cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 medium-sized yellow onion, sliced
- 1 can rotel
- 8 cups water
- seasons to taste: garlic salt, pepper, chili powder
- soak beans over night according to package directions
- drains beans and pour into crock pot
- add rotel, bacon and onion
- pour in 8 cups of water
- add seasoning to taste
- cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
I’ve got a pot of beans simmering right now that I’m going to serve with beef enchiladas and spanish rice.
What are you having for dinner tonight?
Until next time,