When my family gathers around the table for dinner, the conversation inevitably leads to opening up a family restaurant.
We’d call it The Kuritz Cafe and the menu would feature each of our “signature” dishes:
Bubba’s brisket, Kathy’s Cajun dumplings, Tina’s cherry pie, and my sister-in-law’s borracho bean soup.
- 1 lb pinto beans
- 1/2 lb bacon cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 medium-sized yellow onion, sliced
- 1 can rotel
- 8 cups water
- seasons to taste: garlic salt, pepper, chili powder
- soak beans over night according to package directions
- drains beans and pour into crock pot
- add rotel, bacon and onion
- pour in 8 cups of water
- add seasoning to taste
- cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
I’ve got a pot of beans simmering right now that I’m going to serve with beef enchiladas and spanish rice.
What are you having for dinner tonight?
Until next time,
Latest posts by Mrs. Hines (see all)
- how to create a foyer when there isn’t one - October 20, 2014
- decorating ideas for problem areas - October 19, 2014
- recommended reading: how to start the decorating process - October 18, 2014