Welcome to Mrs. Hines’ Class, a virtual classroom where we are creating success at home.
The MHC Mission
As a former teacher and natural encourager, I love to come alongside and mentor women in creating success at home and in life through practical organizational solutions, cleaning tips, inspiring home decor and motivational life lessons all designed to help you create a life you love, starting at home.
I believe that a successful home frees us to pursue our dreams and passions, to share our gifts and talents, and to be who we are created to be.
I believe my post, “This is What I Want for You” sums up my feelings nicely.
If you’re new to MHC, I invite you take a look around. Here is a list of Reader’s Favorites to get you started.
- How To Paint Furniture With Annie Sloan Chalk Paint ® (A Beginner’s Guide)
- How to Hang Pictures at the Correct Height (Because most of us hang our pictures a tad too high.)
- How to Make Your Towels Smell Fresh Again (Before you throw out your towels, try this method. I recently had to do this again and it really works.)
- My Easy Beef Enchiladas (So easy to make and always a crowd pleaser!)
And a couple of my favorites:
- Greasy Stove Tops and Black Flip Flops (Every mom will be able to relate this story…we have to be able to laugh at ourselves, right?)
- Carrying On in the Kitchen (This is an oldie but a goodie which means the pictures are terrible. I like it because it’s such a great illustration of what it’s like at the Hines house pretty much on a daily basis. My excuse? I’m hormonal…that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.)
Be sure to check out the full Inspiration Gallery for more home decor, furniture makeovers, seasonal posts and style tips. You can find more Organizing and Cleaning tips in the menu bar as well. And don’t forget the LifeStyle tab for entertaining tips, the occasional fashion post, and the life lessons (where you pretty much get to laugh at my expense). The lessons are every bit as important if not more so than all the rest of. What good is a pretty home if we don’t learn a few things about ourselves along the way?
My belief that home is the foundation to our successes in life were validated during my time as an early childhood educator where I saw firsthand the importance of a good home life. I have also witnessed others discover that truth as I helped them turn their houses into homes. And, most importantly, I have lived that reality as a wife, mother and homemaker.
The Person Behind the Blog:
- I married my husband 18 years ago. Does me being 5 years older than him make me a cougar?
- We have a beautiful teen-aged daughter, who is our only child.
- I’m a Native Texan and have never lived out-of-state. In fact, I’ve never lived outside the Greater Houston Metro Area.
- I love to spend time with family and friends.
- I am a self-taught decorator who loves to help others bring their dreams for their homes to life.
- I LOVE organization; an organized space is like a drug; it gives me a natural high.
- I love being in my 40’s. I officially reached middle age on my last birthday.
- I’m a cat owner. Blackie lives up to every cat stereotype.
- Cottages are my absolute favorite style of home. There’s just something so inviting about front porches and intimate spaces.
- I can never get enough of the beach.
- My Dad taught me how to paint and how to landscape. He’s quite the handyman.
- My Mom and I love to go antiquing. She taught me that you can find great treasures at thrift stores and garage sales. Now, I love the thrill of the hunt.
- I LOVE to laugh.
- I recently fulfilled my lifelong dream of publishing a book with the launch of “Creating Success At Home.”
- I enjoy having a glass, or two, of red wine with good friends and good food.
- I’m a big time fan of the 80’s!
- My favorite color is blue; especially aqua.
- My favorite music is anything from the 80’s, today’s country, or the sultry sounds of Jazz, and I love live music.
- I’m an oldest child.
- There are lots of places that I would love to visit including the deep South, the East Coast, Europe and Australia.
It’s been fun sharing a little bit about me and giving you a peek into my world. So, tell me something about you. And, I’m very curious to know what is the number one obstacle you face in creating success in your own home?
Whether through this blog, my book, or as your lifestyle coach, my hope is to provide encouragement, friendship and help. If you have questions or comments, feel free to contact me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Mrs. Hines’ Class
Joining is free, and when you subscribe to our mailing list, you will receive instant access to our free printable “Creating Success At Home” Tool Kit. This kit is made up of the tools and resources that I return to again and again in my own home. And I’ll continue to add resources as I discover them.
Whether or not you subscribe I want to give you a printable Home Assessment. Simply click on the image to download your copy. Then, print as many copies as you need to assess your home room by room.
See you in class,