The MHC Mission
I firmly believe that making a house a home is a high calling. What’s inside those four walls is holy ground and what goes on there matters…a lot. Unfortunately, many of us feel overwhelmed by everything that goes into making a house a home. That’s where I come in.
As a former teacher and natural encourager, I love to come alongside and mentor women in creating success at home and in life through practical organizing solutions, simple cleaning tips, inspirational home decor and motivational life lessons all designed to help you create a life you love, starting at home.
The post, “This is What I Want for You” sums up my mission in a nutshell.
If you’re new to MHC, I invite you take a look around. Here is a list of Reader’s Favorites to get you started.
- How To Paint Furniture With Annie Sloan Chalk Paint ® (A Beginner’s Guide)
- How to Hang Pictures at the Correct Height (Because most of us hang our pictures a tad too high.)
- How to Make Your Towels Smell Fresh Again (Before you throw out your towels, try this method. I recently had to do this again and it really works.)
- My Easy Beef Enchiladas (So easy to make and always a crowd pleaser!)
And a couple of my favorites:
- Greasy Stove Tops and Black Flip Flops (Every mom will be able to relate this story…we have to be able to laugh at ourselves, right?)
- Carrying On in the Kitchen (This is an oldie but a goodie which means the pictures are terrible. I like it because it’s such a great illustration of what it’s like at the Hines house pretty much on a daily basis. My excuse? I’m a hormonal, middle-aged woman…that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.)
Be sure to check out the full Inspiration Gallery for more home decor, furniture makeovers, seasonal posts and style tips. You can find more Organizing and Cleaning tips in the menu bar as well. And don’t forget the LifeStyle tab for entertaining tips, the occasional fashion post, and the life lessons (where you pretty much get to laugh at my expense). The lessons are every bit as important if not more so than all the rest of. What good is a pretty home if we don’t learn a few things about ourselves along the way?
My belief that home is the foundation to our successes in life was cemented during my time as an early childhood educator where I saw firsthand the importance of a good home life. I have also witnessed others discover that truth as I helped them turn their houses into homes. And, most importantly, I have lived that reality as a wife, mother and homemaker.
I have missed the mark and experienced success. Knowing the difference success can make ignites my passion to help you.
Join Mrs. Hines’ Class
Joining is free, and when you subscribe to our mailing list, you will receive instant access to my personal resource library which is full of the tools and resources that I use to create success in my own home. And I’ll continue to add resources as I discover them.
The Person Behind the Blog:
- I married my husband 18 years ago. Does me being 5 years older than him make me a cougar?
- We have a beautiful teen-aged daughter, who is our only child.
- I’m a Native Texan and have never lived out-of-state. In fact, I’ve never lived outside the Greater Houston Metro Area.
- I love to spend time with family and friends.
- I am a self-taught decorator who loves to help others bring their dreams for their homes to life.
- I LOVE organization; an organized space is like a drug; it gives me a natural high.
- I love being in my 40’s. I officially reached middle age couple of birthdays ago.
- I’m a cat owner. Blackie lives up to every cat stereotype.
- Cottages are my absolute favorite style of home. There’s just something so inviting about front porches and intimate spaces.
- I can never get enough of the beach.
My Mom and I love to go antiquing. She taught me that you can find great treasures at thrift stores and garage sales. Now, I love the thrill of the hunt.
- I LOVE to laugh.
- I recently fulfilled my lifelong dream of publishing a book with the launch of “Creating Success At Home.”
- I enjoy having a glass, or two, of red wine with good friends and good food.
- I’m a big time fan of the 80’s!
- My favorite color is blue; especially aqua.
- My favorite music is anything from the 80’s, today’s country, or the sultry sounds of Jazz, and I love live music.
- I’m an oldest child.
- There are lots of places that I would love to visit including the deep South, the East Coast, Europe and Australia.
- And if you’d like to see the place I call home, the tour is right this way.
It’s been fun sharing a little bit about me and giving you a peek into my world. So, tell me something about you. And, I’m very curious to know, what is the number one obstacle you face in creating success in your own home?
See you in class,