I never really liked enchiladas until I had the ones my mother-in-law makes. And we would crave those enchiladas in between visits. Until one day, I decided it can’t be that hard and made up my version of my mother-in-law’s recipe. Turns out it was pretty easy and too good not to share.
Easy Beef Enchilada Recipe
- pkg. corn tortillas
- 1 lb. of ground meat
- 1 cup of mexican blend cheese
- can of enchilada sauce
- 1 Tbsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 350
- spray glass baking pan with Pam
- brown ground meat and drain fat
- wrap corn tortillas in damp paper towel and microwave for 1 minute..set aside
- season meat with cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
- stir in a little of the enchilada sauce–just enough to moisten the mixture
- spoon meat mixture and some cheese into middle of tortilla, roll and place seam side down in pan. You should end up with make 9 – 12 enchiladas depending on how much of the mixture you use to fill each tortilla.
tip: I do this in the baking dish for minimal mess
8. pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
9. place in oven for twenty minutes.
See you in class,