I first found the recipe for this Pasta Cobb Salad in a circular ad for Skinner in the summer of ’99, and it’s been a family favorite ever since.
Pasta Cobb SaladCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
8 oz. tri-colored spiral noodles
4 slices of cooked bacon
2 cups of cooked chicken
1/3 cup of sliced green onions
4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
1 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes
8 oz. Italian dressing
parsley flakes or chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- boil noodles according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- cook bacon slices until crisp and crumble into pieces, reserve 1 TBSP of bacon grease
- cook chicken on bacon grease until cooked through, remove and cut into 1 inch pieces
- while chicken is browning, cut tomatoes and slice green onions
- after cooked ingredients have cooled, mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- garnish with parsley
- serve immediately or cover and refrigerate
- Shortcut: use already cooked chicken (try John Souls) and prepackaged bacon bits.
- For a milder flavor, substitute feta cheese for the blue cheese.
This flavorful dish is always a hit at luncheons, showers, and potlucks. It’s also perfect for a picnic or dining al fresco.
Enjoy alone or serve with a side of fruit, and finger sandwiches for a light summer meal.