Can you believe it’s July? Not only is the Summer flying by, but so is 2017.
As I reviewed my goals for the year, noting progress, or a lack there of, I remembered something I’d almost forgotten in the striving: I don’t want to count the time. I don’t want to feel like I’m in a race, even if it’s just a race of one.
What I want is to savor each day. To make it count. To live it with intention.
And lately, I feel like I have. I’m reconnecting with people I love, making new friends, chasing my dreams and doing what brings me joy.
In just these past 10 days,
- I’ve discovered Chick Fil A has gluten-free buns and was introduced to a fabulous pizza place called Mod Pizza where you build your own pizza AND they offer gluten-free crust. On both occasions, I kept interrupting my meal to declare to whomever was within earshot how happy I was. I can finally enjoy some of my favorite foods (in moderation) and feel full again!
- I started a new book.
- I stumbled upon a really stylish and affordable clothing line in Target called Knox Rose.
- I’ve made Blueberry Cobbler twice! Once for friends on July 4th and then again for my Dad’s birthday.
- I met Kathy of KG Wellness who is a local Health Coach and invited her to teach a workshop to my girl and her friends.
- I finally made it to the beach!
- I was treated to a very relaxing foot massage.
- I’ve launched my own coaching services and am booking clients to start mid August. Take a look at the services and contact me if you’d like to become a virtual (or local) client. I’d love to work with you!
So much of this list is small, everyday stuff. Some of it is pretty significant. And all of the list mattered.
It mattered because it’s the stuff my dream life is made of; the bucket lists and goals and hopes and dreams.
Come to think of it, June had some really good parts, too.
The biggest highlight was, of course, celebrating my daughter’s high school graduation.
I also bought a new blouse from Jane.com
There’s just something about Jane. I think it’s the Boutique part of the Daily Boutique Deals they of offer that makes me feel like I’m elevating my style just a little bit.
I finally treated myself to the Beautycounter Brow Pencil I’d been wanting to try.
After putting off the purchase for months, I finally indulged. I’m so glad I did! I cannot get over how much I love this pencil, especially since I thought I’d found the one in Benefit Gimme Brow.
I found a laundry detergent remedy in Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap.
For about a week straight, I itched from head to toe, which was very discouraging because it felt like a set back in my health journey. When someone asked if I’d recently changed anything, I realized I’d switched laundry detergent.
I was so relieved to find an alternative, and every time I add it to the washing machine with my clothes, I have such a piece of mind in knowing I won’t have a reaction.
I switched up my cleaning routine to adjust to my schedule and added Bon Ami to my cleaning caddy.
I’d fallen off the wagon with cleaning and it was starting to bother me. So, I decided to switch things up and so far the new routine is working, making me feel so accomplished.
Finding a natural scrubbing agent that makes my bathroom sparkle is the icing on top.
And, I took advantage of a sale on the Summer 2017 Get Your Pretty On Style Challenge.
I love how pretty I feel. Participating in the challenge has kept me accountable to my goal to get dressed every day and helped me find creative ways to extend my small wardrobe.
I also participated in a challenge to grow my business which opened my eyes to so many possibilities and gave me hope for financial freedom.
Every action, every decision, every choice was a positive (and powerful) step in creating a home and life I love.
As I reflect on the good parts of June, my goals and the life I want, I also think about you. How I want you to have the life you want.
To find it in the good parts of the life you already have and to be intentional about creating more good parts.
If that happens to look like a small splurge here or a style challenge there, then I’ve got some resources for you.
You can check out the current deals on Jane.com through my affiliate link HERE.
Browse the Knox Rose clothing line HERE.
Shop my Beautycounter website here.
Get Your Pretty On at 50% off with the promo code FIRSTTIME50. Here are the challenges:
- Summer 2017 GYPO Style Challenge
- Summer 2017 Work Wear Challenge
- SAHM Casual Capsule Wardrobe Builder (I’ve done this one and feel it is good for work at home moms, too.)
The sale lasts through July 31st.
See you in class,