Spring is so full of promise. I can’t think of any other season that offers so much hope, which might be why it’s the easiest of the four seasons to lean into and live with intention. (For me.)
Here are some of the ways I’ve found to make the most of what Spring has to offer.
19 Ways to Enjoy Spring
- Tour my garden and get several practical gardening tips
- Learn how to create simple floral arrangements
- Simplify your cleaning caddy with these DIY cleaners
- Add Spring style to your home and wardrobe
- Join the Spring Style Challenge by Get Your Pretty On
- Spruce up your porch, patio or yard with spring color and new flowers
- Listen for the sounds of Spring. I love waking up to the sound of birds chirping out my window.
- Notice how sweet strawberries taste right now.
- Make your favorite Spring salad. Mine is a bed of fresh baby spinach topped with strawberries, pecan halves and feta cheese. Drizzle a mustard vinaigrette over it and enjoy. This wilted spinach salad is also really good.
- Put a fresh coat of paint on an old piece of furniture.
- Walk or ride your bike instead of driving.
- Bask in the sun
- Take a day trip. We usually escape to the beach. When my daughter was little, we also enjoyed taking a trip to the hill country to see the fields blue bonnets.
- Roll down your car windows or open the sunroof to enjoy the warm breeze.
- Open up the doors and windows in your home to let in the fresh air.
- Hang patio lights and enjoy the twinkle at night.
- Set out a birdhouse or birdbath. I’m determined to hang my hummingbird feeder this year.
- Go to the zoo. The animals are more likely to be out when the weather is warm.
- Dine al fresco.
- Tour model homes for design ideas and decorating inspiration.
However you choose to welcome the Spring season, I hope it brings you joy and fills you with hope.
See you in class,